Apple Watch Series 8 features advanced health sensors and apps, so you can take an ECG,1 measure heart rate and blood oxygen,2 and track temperature changes3 for advanced insights into your menstrual cycle.4 And with Crash Detection, sleep stages tracking and advanced workout metrics, it helps you stay active, healthy, safe and connected.
Key feature bullets
- Temperature sensor3provides retrospective ovulation estimates and advanced cycle tracking features4
- Measure your blood oxygen with a powerful sensor and app2
- Take an ECG anytime, anywhere1
- Get high and low heart rate, and irregular rhythm notifications1
- Advanced safety features, including Fall Detection, Emergency SOS5and Crash Detection
- Enhanced Workout app with more advanced metrics and ways to train
- A completely redesigned Compass app with waypoints and Backtrack
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone
- The most crack-resistant front crystal yet on an Apple Watch, IP6X dust resistance and swimproof design,6and increased durability for fitness and activity
- Call, text and email with just a few taps
- Listen to your favourite music and podcasts (for use with GPS models)
- Make purchases instantly and securely from your wrist with Apple Pay7
- Large, Always-On, edge-to-edge display
- All-day battery life and fast charging8
- Sleep stages tracking lets you see how much time you spend in REM, Core and Deep sleep
- watchOS 9 features an enhanced Workout app, a new Medications app, sleep stages and greater insights into heart health
Apple Watch Series 8 requires an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later.
1The ECG app and irregular rhythm notification require the latest version of watchOS and iOS, and are not intended for use by people under the age of 22. The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later (not including Apple Watch SE). The irregular rhythm notification is not designed for people who have been previously diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib).
2Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
3The temperature sensing feature is not a medical device and is not intended for use in medical diagnosis, treatment or for any other medical purpose.
4The Cycle Tracking app is not intended for use in medical diagnosis, treatment or any other medical purpose, including as a form of birth control or to support conception.
5Emergency SOS requires a mobile network connection or Wi-Fi calling with an Internet connection from your Apple Watch or nearby iPhone.
6Apple Watch Series 8 has a water resistance rating of 50 metres under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or the ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 8 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depths. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time. For additional information, see support.apple.com/en-sg/HT205000.
7Apple Pay is not available in all markets. For a list of Apple Pay countries and regions, visit support.apple.com/en-sg/HT207957.
8Battery life varies by use and configuration. See apple.com/sg/batteries for more information.
9Wireless service plan is required for mobile service. Contact your service provider for more details. Connection may vary based on network availability. Check apple.com/sg/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-sg/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
10Not all features will be available if the Apple Watch is set up through Family Setup. Wireless service plan is required for mobile service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/sg/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.